As always, from our table to yours... #SpiceConfidently #EssenceOfFlavor #ChemistryInTheKitchen #CasaMSpice
— Mike Hernandez
For the Paella:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Casa M Spice Co® Chain Reaction®
- 1/4 cup, fresh squid, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Casa M Spice Co® Hooked®
- 2-1/2 cups fish stock
- 1/4 tsp saffron threads
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 18 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tailed
- 8 fresh mussels, cleaned well
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- lemon/lime wedges for garnish
LET’S GET COOKING
Add extra virgin olive oil to your pan over medium high heat. Add Casa M Spice Co® Chain Reaction and squid. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove the squid to a plate and reserve.
Add onions and garlic to the pan and stir cooking for about 2 minutes. Add the red peppers and tomato sauce. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the fish stock, saffron, and Hooked®, and the reserved squid then mix well and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
Add the rice, mussels, and shrimp and mix well allowing the pot to come back to a boil before reducing heat to simmer. Cover and let cook for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges for garnish.