Shrimp and Corn Bisque
As always, from our table to yours... #SpiceConfidently #EssenceOfFlavor #ChemistryInTheKitchen #CasaMSpice
— Mike Hernandez
For the Bisque:
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned, deveined, tailed
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped, divided (for garnish)
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Casa M Spice Co® Hooked®
- 1 Tablespoon Casa M Spice Co® Chain Reaction®
- 3 cups seafood stock
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 2 cups half-and-half
LET’S GET COOKING
In a large Dutch Oven melt the butter over medium heat. Add onions and green onions. Sauté until the onions are fragrant and translucent. Add the flour and Casa M Spice Co® blends. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
Add the seafood stock and mix well. Bring to a boil. Add cream cheese and mix until it melts and incorporates. Add both cans of corn. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Add the shrimp to the pot and simmer until the shrimp are cooked through (about 3-5 minutes). Add teh half-and-half and mix well. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately!