Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
As always, from our table to yours... #SpiceConfidently #EssenceOfFlavor #ChemistryInTheKitchen #CasaMSpice
— Mike Hernandez
For the Stroganoff:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Casa M Spice Co® Cattle Drive®
- 1-1/2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups beef broth, divided
- 8 oz baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 oz egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnishing (optional)
LET’S GET COOKING
Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add the oil and butter and preheat.
Once hot, Casa M Spice Co® Cattle Drive. Stir well.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Mix well.
Pour in 1/2 cup of the beef broth. Stir, while scraping along the bottom of the pot, to lift the browned bits at the bottom.
Stir in the mushrooms, add the flour over the top. Stir until combined. Pour in the remaining 2 ½ cups beef broth and onions. Close and seal the lid. Cook on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes.
When the time is up, immediately start venting the Instant Pot to quick release the pressure. Be careful not to open until thoroughly vented and open carefully.
Once the Instant Pot is vented, very carefully open and add the egg noodles.
Cover the Instant Pot, seal, and cook on HIGH pressure for another 5 minutes. When the time is up, start venting the Instant Pot to quick release the pressure.
Open the lid carefully and stir. Next, stir in the sour cream.
Move to serving bowl and garnish with fresh parsley if desired.