Chicken and Sausage Paella
As always, from our table to yours... #SpiceConfidently #EssenceOfFlavor #ChemistryInTheKitchen #CasaMSpice
For the Paella:
- 2 large chicken breasts, chopped into 1 in by 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Casa M Spice Co® Chain Reaction®
- 1 teaspoon Casa M Spice Co® Cattle Drive®
- 1 large dry sausage link or Spanish chorizo
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Casa M Spice Co® Pecking Order®
- 2 cups short grain rice, Valencia or bomba preferred, but Arborio is easier to find
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- lemon sliced for garnish
LET’S GET COOKING
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Over medium-high heat, add 2 Tablespoons olive oil to pan and add the chopped up chicken. Season chicken with the Casa M Spice Co® Chain Reaction® and Casa M Spice Co® Cattle Drive®. Cook chicken about 5 minutes or until chicken cooked through then remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Add sliced sausage/chorizo to the pan and cook for about 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for another 1 minute, then add onion and peppers and cook for another minute or two.
Add the Casa M Spice Co® Pecking Order® and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat well with the ingredients in the pan. Add the saffron and chicken broth together into the pan and mix well while heating to a boil.
When the pan comes to a boil lower the heat to simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally so the rice doesn't stick.
Add the chicken and mix well, then add the tomatoes and peas, incorporating them into the mix. Remove the pan from the stove and move into the oven.
Cook, covered, in the oven for 15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
Serve with lemon wedges.